Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hitchcock on Hitchcock

Robyn Hitchcock, upon receiving his copies of our interview in the Believer:
Re the 'God' question: my answer may have been too whimsical for the gravity of the implications of your question. I detest Creationism, Intelligent Design, and the agenda of people who wield these ideas, along with their policy of subverting science, dismantling abortion rights and promoting legalized homicide in the form of 'capital punishment'. Please don't let my speculations about infinity align me in any way with Fundamentalist Christians and their witless creed. I apologise if I gave that impression - and hope I didn't.

Please pass this on to anyone who wonders about this.

1 comment:

Tim Akers said...

In a slight aside, but related, you should go read my friend's confession. Turns out he's responsible for monotheism.

http://splitcoil.blogspot.com/