Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lou Anders 2.0

It took most of the day, and toward the end I got in over my head and had to call in the calvary (my wife, the computer expert), but in addition to revamping the blog (as you can see), www.louanders.com has also gotten a much needed update and overhaul. I'm particulary proud of the desperately needed Pyr page (the single page that lives on my personal site, not the company's website www.pyrsf.com). This hadn't been altered since midway through our first season, so please do check it out. All those covers aggregated together sure look nice! And while I see a few tweaks I need to make, I'm pretty happy with the new home page too. New works added to the anthologies and nonfiction pages as well. Since this was all I did today, please do heap compliments upon me.

10 comments:

Simon Haynes said...

I appreciate the new dark text on light background, thanks. Now off to check the links.

David Louis Edelman said...

The new blog looks great, Lou. Not that the last version looked bad, but this one looks much better.

Peter Hollo said...

Small suggestion: the text for the random quote on the front page should maybe be white instead of black. It tends to sit over the green in the background image and can be hard to read.

Nice looking! The (v nice) background image is also likely to make the front page too big for most browser windows, I suspect.
The blog page is particularly good looking now, and the Pyr page is cool.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion! The random quotes are now in white.
From lou's tech support.

Anonymous said...

Consider yourself heaped upon. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice update. I enjoyed poking around.

Lou Anders said...

Hi Liviu,
I got a lot of complaints from people about the difficulty of reading the yellow on black, which was the primary reason for the switch. But since it was such a drastic change, I decided to update and switch somethings around. Still tweaking.

Yeah, that covers page is nice. And thanks everyone - I and my web master thank you!

Anonymous said...

The blog looks really good, much easier to read for half blind mole people like me (I really should get my glasses fixed)

Lou Anders said...

We thank you and wish you luck in your campaign against Superman.

Anonymous said...

You never have any photos of your wife. Your baby is cute.