Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Bob a Day Keeps Godzilla Away

The wonderful, talented, friendly and (from where I stand) hairy Bob Eggleton has launched a blog. Bob's Art du Jour begins his "painting-a-day" online exhibition, where he will produce one work of art a day, just like it sounds, and offer the results, along with commentary, for enjoyment, illumination, and sale. I'm really excited to see this play out. Lately, I've been really grooving on his work, including the cover of Mike Resnick's Ivory he did for Pyr and the recent piece he's done for John Scalzi's upcoming The Sagan Diary. And the recent trend of artists blogging (and blogging about art) is something I heartily applaud.

4 comments:

Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks for the kind words Lou!!! I'm having a blast doing this, and don't worry, I STILL have a big heap of SFnal artwork to do as well, covers,etc lots of that, and related projects to come. This blogging is a gas.

Lou Anders said...

Hi Bob,
I've just gotten back from Orlando, so I am now out of date. Love the lemons - what does it say that they are my fav so far. It's that bumpy texture. Lemons and a preponderance of skulls - what does that say about you?

hi William,
Very glad you are enjoying the site.

Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I dunno Lou. Tonight it was prehistoric days. That "dino urge" just crept in and, it won't be the last time either. Oh and more fresh fruit, no problem there. Even tho the subjects range from the sublime(or sublemon)to the ridiculous, the idea is to have fun. And strangely I can't tell you the CONFIDENCE BOOST this has given me in painting. (Yup, me..confidence boost.) And while I'm in the middle of crinlating those lemons I might think "Dang, that's it! The idea I have for that Andre Norton cover!". Dunno how that happens. But, I'll take it. It all ties in with the SF.

Lou Anders said...

Sublime/sublemon has me reeling. Still really enjoying this. Such a wonderful idea!