Monday, June 16, 2008

John W Campbell Memorial Award

Back from a week in Mexico to some good news, already broken elsewhere but no less exciting. Ian McDonald's Brasylhas been nominated for the John W. Campbell Memorial Award for Best SF Novel of 2007. The Campbell will be presented during the Campbell Conference Awards Banquet at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, July 10-13, 2008. The full list of 2008 Campbell Award Finalists is here.

Brasyl is also nominated for the Hugo Award, and won the British Science Fiction Association Award earlier in the year.

2 comments:

ces said...

I've read 3 books on the list! One book I'f rate a 7 on a scale of 1-10. One I'd rate a 9. And one I'd rate a 10.

Congrats to all on the list!

Lou Anders said...

I won't ask which is which. Just glad you read so much.