Friday, January 03, 2014

Further Encounters of Sherlock Holmes

Yesterday I got my contributor copy of George Mann's forthcoming anthology, Further Encounters of Sherlock Holmes. Billed as "a brand-new collection of Sherlock Holmes stories from a variety of exciting voices in modern horror and steampunk, edited by respected anthologist George Mann," this is a follow up to last year's Encounters of Sherlock Holmes.

I'm surprised (very pleasantly so) to see that I made the cover, along with such luminaries as Justin Richards, Andy Lane, Guy Adams, and Scott Handcock. My own story is a bit out there in terms of a Holmes story, though hopefully not too out there. I'm very proud of it - it's a story that's been in my head a long time and I'm grateful George let me take a chance on it - but should caution that it's neither typical Holmes nor typical Lou!

The book debuts February 11, 2014. Meanwhile, Holmes aficionados are encouraged to check out George Mann's recently released novel, Sherlock Holmes: The Will of the Dead.

No comments: