Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Book Spotting: Keeping It Real

Okay, staring today, April 10th, and running for the next two weeks, Justina Robson's Keeping It Real (Quantum Gravity, Book 1) should be appearing on front-of-store paperback display tables in every Borders Books in the US. After which, Justina's hot sci-fantasy will join four other titles for a Pyr end cap display, which itself will run from 4/24 to 5/28, again in every Borders nation-wide. The other books in the display are Fast Forward 1, Crossover, Breakaway, and Bright of the Sky, with the possibility of Brasyl joining in late if it's received in time. (It is just back from the printers, so fingers crossed.)

Unfortunately, I myself happen to live in a state without a Borders (gasp!). We do have a Waldenbooks, but I don't know if they are included in this promotion and I'm not driving over an hour to find out. So, reports of sightings of Keeping It Real in the wild - as well as the subsequent end cap display - greatly appreciated. I'd love to see photos of the display as well, and will happily post any such pictures here. Thanks!

Update: I've just learned that a corresponding promotion is going on right now at B&N's "Top 150" stores - front table display space from this past April 10th thru next Monday. The store here not being in their top 150, I can't see that either -though they did have 6 copies of the book on hand when I last went in. Reminder, you can read three chapters from Keeping It Real online here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site for sci-fi lovers. I think you will love this book portal. Is a great resource if you're into reviews and all things books.

Mahesh Raj Mohan said...

Hey, Lou, I did spot Keeping It Real at the Powells at Portland. When I go to the Borders in downtown P-town in the next week or so, I'll let you know what I see.

--Mahesh

Lou Anders said...

Hey Mahesh! Long time - how you been?
And thanks. I saw 4 at my local B&N last week, two sold, then 4 more came in so they had 6 on the shelf tonight. Then the next nearest B&N had two. Both also had two of Joel Shepherd's Breakaway. But as neither is an "A-list" store, the book must be pretty well represented in B&Ns nationwide. Still, I'd have to drive a state over to see a Borders, so appreciate the upcoming confirmation.