- A starred review in Publishers Weekly, who also selected it for the "PW Picks: Books of the Week" for the week of August 4th, 2014.
- A Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Books of the Year selection.
- An American Booksellers Association 2014 ABC Best Books for Children Catalog selection.
- A 2015-16 Beehive Book Awards nominee.
- A 2016-17 Golden Sower Award nominee.
- A 2016-17 Young Hoosier Book Award nominee.
- A 2016-17 Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards nominee.
- An Editor's Choice on Amazon for August 2014.
- An io9's "Must-Read Science Fiction And Fantasy Books For August."
- An Imagination Soup selection as one of the "Best Books for 10 Year Olds."
- Youth Staff selection for Best Books: Elk Island Public Schools PD Day 2015
- A Staff Pick at Book Shop Santa Cruz, Books Inc., Eagle Harbor Book Co., Edmonds Bookshop, Hoover Public Library, King's English Bookshop, Mockingbird Books, Politics and Prose, Powell's, Queen's Library, North Shelby Library, Santa Clara City Library F, The Springfield Missouri district library, The Waucoma Bookstore and Word Bookstores.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
I'll be hitting the road in September to promote the release of Skyborn, the third book in the Thrones & Bones trilogy. So far, I've visited 40 schools around the United States, the tours taking me to Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington. I'll be hitting Nebraska and Ohio this summer, and I'll be back in Texas in the fall. If you're a teacher, librarian, or student interested in having me visit your school in the Fall, please see the "For Educators" section of my website for how to make this happen!