Monday, July 04, 2016

Thurber House: Day Fifteen (4th of July Walkabout)

Happy 4th of July to those that celebrate it!

Today, I decided to mark the occasion by taking a super long walk around Columbus.

I walked from Thurber House to downtown with the intention of doing "the Scioto Mile" when I got there, and I did start down the path that parallels the river, but then the rain started in earnest. I walked in the rain for a bit, but decided that if it starting lightening (as predicted by my weather app) that being next to buildings one could duck into might be good.

So I came back from the river, where I paused to take a picture with a deer that was enjoying the view from a bridge.



Then I found some kids in bathing suits playing in a fountain in the rain!



I walked to Columbus' brewery district, though everything was closed.



And then I went to German Village, where I was delighted to see that the books I signed for The Book Loft are already selling down.



I found a tiny home belonging to a very patriotic fairy.



And had lunch at the original Max & Erma's.


Finally, I treated myself to a frappuccino at Starbucks and then I walked back to Thurber House.

All told, I was out and about for three hours, most of it moving.

Not a productive day, but a fun one. And I think that's okay! I'm going to spend the evening in, alternating between working and watching television. Hope you are all having a pleasant Independence Day!