Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Locus Interview is Up

The wonderful Nick Gevers interviews me for his new SF Quintessential column on Locus Online, where we talk about my anthology Fast Forward 2and science fiction in general. Here's a clip:

Anders: Well, first and foremost, science fiction has to be entertaining if it is to work at all. I recently read an anthology (won't say which) that I thought was just one sanctimonious lecture after another on how bad our contemporary lifestyle is and how we've all got it coming. And frankly, I had to slog through the book, and it's made me quite angry, because I don't think this sort of thing is doing anyone any favors. "Action," "Adventure," and "Fun" aren't dirty words and never should be.

2 comments:

Adam Roberts Project said...

"I recently read an anthology (won't say which) that I thought was just one sanctimonious lecture after another ..."

Ooh! Go on, name names!

Good interview, btw.

Lou Anders said...

No names. Thanks though.