Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shooting for the Moon: Duncan Jones' New Film

Over on Tor.com, Why I Am Over the Moon about Duncan Jones, or rather, seven reasons why I think the film will rock.

"I’ll never get over the scene in Danny Boyle’s absurd and disappointing Sunshine where Cillian Murphy reaches out and touches the sun, because, hey, it looks cool. So, the point is, I was looking for reasons to feel confident. And, wonderfully, just about every interview I’ve read with Duncan has got my confidence growing in leaps and bounds that his heart—and head—are in the right place."

6 comments:

Greg said...

Wow, okay it has been a while. This actually sounds promising for a change, I'll have to look into it more, and with my internet access limited at best that might be a bit. Although being free of the rampant airing of Opinion that will come that might be to the good, one can only hope.
Duncan Jones, if he is who I'm thinking of, he graduated from the College of Wooster, it was a big deal around here that David Bowie's son went and graduated from there I remember as much. What? Some parts of where I live still find flush toilets and digital watches "advanced"....
Hope all is well.
Greg

Lou Anders said...

Yup, same Duncan Jones. I'm going to try and avoid too much hype on the movie myself too, but I think that's impossible. Especially now I'm pimping it.

ces said...

Just got my copy of "Cinefex" - one of it's 4 articles is about MOON - another of its 4 articles is about STAR TREK.

I've just started reading Neal Stephenson's ANTHEM - it's going to be a long read.

Lou Anders said...

I heard MOON was in Cinefex. A big deal for them!

Long read - for me that means a month. For you, a week?

ces said...

Hehehehe.

A week? Well, I've read 300 pages since about noon yesterday. Sorry Lou. Being retired does have its advantages. It's definitely not light reading, that's for sure. A lot of it I don't understand. And never will. My husband would though - he's a math whiz. Not me. Everyone used to ask me why I didn't major in Computers - I used to tell them "it's all math" - only the computer nerds agreed with me - math & I are not soul mates. But I like the characters and story.

Lou Anders said...

I will probably never read it. But always want to.