Tuesday, April 21, 2015

D&D and Me: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game

Back in 2013, I was a guest of honor at the fabulous CONvergence convention in Bloomington, MN. It's a great con, and I had a blast, primarily due to the caliber of the people. The con runners are great and so are the attendees. One person I met is game designer extraordinaire Peter Lee, of Lords of Waterdeepfame.

Peter and I ended up talking late night in the bar about my theories of story structure. He told me afterwards that our conversation had positively impacted his work on his next project. Now, on Board Game Geek's Designer Diary, he writes about how our discussion influenced design choices in crafting the new Dungeons and Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game.It's a fascinating article well worth your time (and I'd say that even if he didn't give Frostborn a very kind shout out).

My only regret from that evening is that Peter and I haven't been in the same city at the same time since. But maybe that's a good thing. I learned as much from him as he did from me, and if we lived nearer to each other, it's possible our heads would explode.

Meanwhile, please check out his article and his work. He's a fascinating guy who makes great things. And I'm very glad to know him.

No comments: