Monday, April 06, 2015

Thrones & Bones at the Alabama Book Festival

This coming Saturday, April 11th, I'm a guest of the 10th annual Alabama Book Festival in Montgomery. The festival pulls in thousand of attendees and features 45 authors. I will be speaking about Frostbornand Nightborn,the first two books of the Thrones & Bones series, in the North Tent at 11:30 am, with a signing directly afterwards at Capital Books & News' booth.

However, this year the festival also coincides with International TableTop Day. So in edition to talking about my novels, I'll be hosting two demonstrations of the Thrones & Bones board game at the Haigler House in conjunction with the Montgomery Area Gaming Society at 10am and 3pm.

I'm planning on leaving the original wooden Thrones & Bones sets at home and bringing my cardstock pawn sets instead. I've just made two more sets to take with me (bringing the total to five sets). These have color coded bases for ease of play. I also made five rules brochures, with thumbnails and book information on the back. The attached pictures show the new game sets and the brochure, and one of the pictures shows the brochures with front, interior, and back visible. Pretty neat, no?



1 comment:

3dpprofessor said...

Where can I get a copy of those rules?