Wednesday, May 13, 2009

City Without End: One Hell of a Novel

City without Endis to be admired and appreciated. It is to be enjoyed. City Without End is one hell of a novel. It is better than the A World Too Near,which in turn was better than Bright of the Sky.That would be saying something if the series did not start out strong. Since Bright of the Sky was a strong opening volume, it marks City Without End as something special. Truly, this is a series that demands to be read. Only, be sure to start at the beginning. You don’t want to miss a word.” -Fantasy Magazine, May 7, 2009

You see that there, "demands to be read" ? Now remember when SFRevu said, "This may well be the most ambitious epic science fiction series of the current decade." That's it folks. No more excuses.

New Pyr slogan: Got Kenyon?

13 comments:

ces said...

QUOTE: "City Without End is one hell of a novel."

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE: "That's it folks. No more excuses."

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

And do what I did - read them one after another, one per day, for 3 days. You won't be sorry.

Lou Anders said...

That is assuming one reads as fast as you do! But read them back to back yes.

Justin Steiner said...

I will put the series on my summer reading list.

Lou Anders said...

I will thank you for that.

And await your opinion.

House said...

Are you aware of any distribution troubles for "City Without End" in Canada? My local, most-excellent SF store got one copy in (which sold) and have had two more on back-order for months, and I haven't seen it anywhere else here in Toronto. The earlier books are on the shelves in a number of places, and Pyr's titles in general are well represented.

Lou Anders said...

Hi House! I am not, and I appreciate you letting me. I'll ask our sales/marketing department to look into it. What is the name of the local store if you don't mind my asking?

House said...

The store that had a copy and is waiting for more is Bakka-Phoenix; I'm not sure who their distributor is, but like I said, they have most of Pyr's other titles, and are generally most excellent. But I also haven't seen it in any Chapters or Indigo bookstores (the major chain here in Canada) in the Greater Toronto Area. I can get it online, but I often like to give my business to local stores when I can...

Lou Anders said...

Thanks House. I'll see what I can find out.

Lou Anders said...

House, there was a third-party inventory snafu. Should be fixed now. Please let me know when Bakka-Phoenix gets the book if you can!

House said...

Damn, that's some good service. Thanks! :-) I'll keep my eyes open for it, and drop you a line when I get it.

Lou Anders said...

Very glad we were able to figure it out. And yes, please let me know when you have it.

House said...

Bakka finally got a copy of "City Without End" in! I am a very happy camper today.

Lou Anders said...

Oh thank god. I am sorry that took so long. I am very glad to know you have it.