Thursday, May 14, 2009

Liviu and Me: Interview on Fantasy Book Critic

I am interviewed today at Fantasy Book Critic by the wonderful Liviu, and quite honored by the opportunity, as well as the response thus far.

"
As to building an anthology, I related it to the lost art of making a perfect mix tape. Before the miracle of iTunes rendered the task obsolete, it could be the work of a whole weekend to create a perfect mix. You shut yourself in your dorm room or apartment with a turn table, a tape deck, and your LPs and 45s, and you worked with pen and paper figuring out the perfect order, but only when you got into the heart of it could you really know, so often you’d rewind and erase and reorder to get things right. "

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shock! What are you saying about Fast Forward 3? On hold? I had my doubts when it was not mentioned in the upcoming titles in Locus, but I am waiting for it!! The first two were brilliant, so I am hoping for 25 more... Did they sell so badly that you or Pyr can't afford them anymore?
I'l keep hoping...

Lou Anders said...

Well, I'm in the middle of editing a superhero anthology for Pocket and a Swords & Sorcery anthology (with Jonathan Strahan) for Eos, so I didn't want to take a third one on. And thanks for the love. If a few thousand other folks felt that way, well...