Wednesday, September 01, 2010

MASKED, MALLOZZI & ME (GateWorld Interview)

Art by Trevor Hairsine
Stargate producer, writer, and tremendous guy Joe Mallozzi is interviewed by Shaun Farrell on GateWorld today. He talks specifically about his story, "Downfall," that appears in my superhero prose anthology, Masked.
"I have long harbored a desire to switch gears and try my hand at writing prose. The only thing that stopped me from, say, tackling a novel, was my time-consuming commitment to Stargate. That and the fact that writing prose is really, really, really hard. Oh sure, scriptwriting is tough as well, but it’s a different kind of tough."
Locus magazine selected "Downfall" as the best story in Masked and said "It's a nicely twisty story, involving throughout, with some worthwhile surprises." 

No comments: