Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Batman Unauthorized

Just got my contributor's copy today of BenBella's latest book in their Smart Pop series, the Denny O'Neil edited Batman Unauthorized: Vigilantes, Jokers, and Heroes in Gotham City. I pretty much managed to say everything I've ever wanted to say about the Caped Crusader and his relationship with his arch nemesis in one essay, (and now my work here is done...).

But as a childhood Batman fan who was reared on Denny O'Neil's depiction of the Darkknight Detective, I can't begin to communicate what a priviledge it is to be sounding off about the character in a book that has his name on the spine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? The O'Neil-Adams Batman stories were my formative years favourites. And Denny got to write Dr Strange with Ditko!

Lou Anders said...

Thanks, and yeah. I once wasted a whole day in Paris hunting up some hard to find O'Neil/Adams Batman comics to fill in holes in my run. Course, it wasn't really wasted and it meant I got to see the Paris beyond the tourist sites...