Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fast Forward Has Been Boing'd

Very happy to say that last night Fast Forward 1: Future Fiction from the Cutting Edge was reviewed by Cory Doctorow on Boing Boing. Cory called the book "wonderful...some stupendous stories," praising stories by Kage Baker, Elizabeth Bear, Ken MacLeod, Ian McDonald, Gene Wolf, Pamela Sargent, George Zebrowski, Robert Charles Wilson, Mary A. Turzillo, and Justina Robson.

But Cory especially liked "Wikiworld" by Paul Di Filippo, which he calls, "
one absolute knock-out story ... that is among the most exciting pieces of fiction I've read in years... a vividly imagined, funny and weird story about a world run on gifts, wikis, rough consensus and running code."

And guess what? As Cory notes in his review - "Wikiworld" is online in its entirety for you to read! So what are you waiting for?

Update: Warren Ellis writes to say he thought "Wikiworld" was "
Fucking brilliant." So, seriously, what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

Robert said...

Okay -- now I'm definitely convince about this anthology. But I'm going to wait until I have the book whole in hand before I read the di Filippo story. He's long been one of my favorite authors; a new di Filippo book is an automatic buy for me...

Robert

Lou Anders said...

Okay, fair enough. I can't argue with that and wouldn't want to.