Monday, April 27, 2009

Fast Forward 2 and the Locus Award Finalists

The Locus Awards Finalists have been announced and I'm thrilled to report that two stories from Fast Forward 2are in the running.

Best Novella- "True Names", Benjamin Rosenbaum & Cory Doctorow

Best Short Story- "The Kindness of Strangers", Nancy Kress

Congratulations to all three authors and thanks for such terrific work.

Winners will be announced at the Locus Awards Ceremony in Seattle WA during the Science Fiction Awards Weekend, June 26-27, 2009.

4 comments:

ces said...

Congrats Lou! and congrats authors!

Just another example Lou of illustrating that you know how to pick 'em!


(and I've even read these!)

Lou Anders said...

Thanks Christine. FF2 is wracking up award nominations, isn't it?

ces said...

It sure is! And it deserves them too! Even though I didn't like all the stories, they were all well-written.

I just finished Sean Williams 3 "blood debt" books. I read all 3 one right after the other. Now I need the 4th & final book!

Now I can start reading (actually, start over since I had started book 1 already a long time ago) Kay Kenyon's quartet.

Lou Anders said...

Oh, Kenyon's quartet is something!